First part: Presentation of Tâ-Shalom Editions
In this first part, we present the edition, its birth, the meaning of its name, the foundation of our works. In the second part, we will state about the theoretical orientation of our books. (In theoretical orientation, we mean, framework, foundation).
Birth of the edition
Ta-Shalom Editions is a company publishing digital and Christian paper book from September 1st, 2016 in Douala, Republic of Cameroon. Founder: Achille Bérenger Doungméné, author. Registered in the Cameroonian Trade Register with the Registration Number: RCCM: RC/DLA/2016/A/3182. Phones: +237 651282007/ +237 693510701. PO Box: 3889 Douala.
About the title
Tâ-Shalom Editions or Ta-Shalom Editions
From Tâ, which means Father in Ngiemboon language of Cameroon, and from Shalom which means Peace in Hebrew. Tâ-Shalom means in our understanding, The Father of the Peace. By this title we mean to give glory to Jesus Christ, the Father of peace, the only being in the universe who can give peace to any man.
In French, this title would have been: Les Editions du Prince de la paix ou Les Editions du Père de la paix. Both terms, Prince and Father say the same thing because Prince may mean generator, author, source, creator…” That said, The Prince of peace has the meaning of The Source of Peace, He who gives peace.
Jesus actually gives it according to John 14 verse 27 which says: “I leave you peace, I give you my peace. I do not give you as the world gives. Let not your heart be troubled, nor be alarmed.”
If it were chosen in English, the title of the edition would have been: Prince of Peace Editions. But we prefer it be chosen in Hebrew, because Shalom is a universal word used as such in several languages, and because Shalom Editions was no longer available, we chose Tâ-Shalom Editions, so as not to be in conflict with Shalom Editions (which deals more with photography than with books).
In short, Tâ-Shalom Editions is founded to the glory to Jesus Christ. The addition of Tâ has only accentuated the prestige of Christ in the appellation. Thanks to God for the Ngiemboon language which, by its addition of the Tâ-us, reinforces our will to please Christ in all that we do.
From the circumflex accent on the a of Tâ
The circumflex accent on ‘a’ has no major influence in the meaning of Tâ-Shalom. It is true that the pronunciation is accentuated high in the Ngiemboon, but as long as we work on the internet for readers of all languages, we admit that Ta-Shalom and Tâ-Shalom keep the same meaning. Already verified, Ta-Shalom Editions in your browser will take you to Tâ-Shalom Editions.
The books to liberty
We do not just write books, we do not just publish Christian books; we make sure that the books we publish will bring peace and spiritual healing to our readers. Since Jesus, the Prince of Peace, has come to restore the souls of men and to free it from the yoke of Satan, we do our best to direct our readers to the Christ Jesus. Every reliable Christian work is about making the Disciples of Christ only; Tâ-Shalom Editions does not shy away from the rule.
Jesus came to earth to heal souls, to free them and to strengthen them so that every man will know the happiness of an intimate communion with God. Tâ-Shalom Editions work hard and make sure he edits and publishes books that heal you spiritually, that teach you how to overcome the wiles of the devil and live in Jesus victory.
Our source of inspiration
The ministry of Christ on earth
- “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
- Because he has anointed me to announce Good News to the poor;
- He sent me to heal those who have a broken heart,
- To proclaim liberty to the captives,
- And to the blind the recovery of the view,
- To return free the oppressed,
- To publish a year of grace from the Lord.” (Luke 4: 18-19)
In this short excerpt from the Book of Luke, we read the outlines of the ministry of Jesus Christ when he comes into the world. The chosen text is the one Jesus read in front of believers before the start of his ministry. After reading the text, he immediately adds: “Today, this word of Scripture, which you have just heard, is fulfilled (Luke 4:21).
To the reader who has a little time, I invite you to read the following chapters and you will see how glorious the Ministry of Christ have been afterward. How many lives has he released!The Scope of Jesus’ MissionThe whole work of Christ is aimed at the salvation of man, that is to say, his freedom and his participation in the service of the Creator God. After the fall of Adam in the Eden Garden, after he was cast out of the presence of God, man was no longer accepted. With Christ and through Christ, man is free to worship the Lord, and he is even empowered to dominate Satan and demons, his worst enemies since. By the Master Jesus, the freedom of man is restored.
What the reader is entitled to expect from our books
By using The books to liberty as a slogan, we present in filigree, the fruits that the reader is entitled to harvest when he reads our books. He wins, as a benefit, a greater spiritual freedom.
We read again lines 2, 3, 4, and 5 of the verses quoted above about the earthly ministry of Jesus Christ and compare them to the purpose of liberty that our books aim for:
- We publish the books that will heal your hearts, been broken after betrayals, rejections, and the hardship of this life. Our books will heal you or at least show you the way to healing;
- Since the fall in Eden Garden, all men are prisoners of Satan and of the Forces of Evil. Jesus by offering his Holy Spirit to his followers frees them from the yoke of demons. Jesus Christ is the universal author of the freedom of the human spirit;
- The man who is fed up with the partnership with the evil spirits (such as witch doctor, magician, marabou, voodoo priest, etc.) has no recourse except to address Jesus, the Author of the Creation of God and the Leader of the Invisible World. Unfortunately, it is when we engage with a cult or a brotherhood that we begin to realize that we have been trapped. He who desires to get back his freedom can turn to Christ who will set him free, provided he repent from his trusting the Devil.
- The teachings of Jesus Christ unveil and expose the ruse of the wicked spirits. As a consequence, he who follows the commands of Jesus Christ lives in His peace. By obeying the scriptures, he lives in the truth and in the light of God where the devil has no access. Our books denounce and bring to light, the hidden faces of pagan cults and traditions. Our books brandish against these ambiguous mores the glory of the God’s dependable Commands.
- As to free the oppressed, we see this point as the summary of the previous ones because the broken heart is under the oppression of rancor, rejection, injustice, resentment, impatience. The healing of such a heart through forgiveness (for example) signifies the death of resentment, rejection, injustice, resentment. Once hate and its wicked acolytes are dead, then freedom and peace can have their way on.o Captives are dominated by strong oppression or even are some being possessed!
Prisoners (captives) cannot do their own will; their deliverance immediately produces the restoration of their freedom;
About the recovery of sight, he who walks in the right direction and leans on the truth (Word of God) walks in freedom. He walks confidently in the peace of Christ. In following God’s Commands, he will escape from the traps of the wicked and live victoriously! To sum up after these few explanations, we have chosen The books of liberty, to indicate the range of effects you will have as a result of reading our books. You will meet the truth, you will understand how to get rid of the tricks of the devil (you will sharpen your spiritual discernment), you will have a better appreciation of the mores, the traditions, and even the heretical habits in the 21st Century Churches. As you read The books to liberty, you will grow in the Christian faith and gradually overcome the emotional life, the cultural, and the spiritual obstacles that may be embarrassing you.
The relationship between the Word of God and liberty
Let’s be clearly stated about this issue: Spiritual freedom cannot be obtained outside the Word of God. We must read it, understand it, accept it and walk according to its instructions to pretend to the freedom of the saints. As a matter of fact, Jesus says it clearly: “f you abide in my word, you are really my disciples; you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:31-32)Yes to the Word of God, and liberty becomes an attainable project to man. Jesus sets every man free by His Word and by nothing else. The Word of God is a power; it is not just a text, but a spiritual power that can save, heal, sanctify the soul of those who believe in God through Jesus Christ (Rm 1:16) Therefore, being solely interested in books that fully obey the Word of God, Tâ-Shalom Editions intends in so doing, to attain his main goal of setting his readers free through reading.
The Word of God at Tâ-Shalom Editions
With consideration of the precedent title, Tâ-Shalom Editions is aware that there is no spiritual liberty outside the Scriptures. The Holy Scriptures nurture the souls of men and help them grow spiritually, discern the traps of Satan and demons, sanctify their souls, and guide their service to God according to the criteria that satisfy God.
Hence, all our books make sure of conformity with the Word of God before publication. Whether it be a short story, a novel or a comedy, we make sure that our writers participate in the glorious mission of the spiritual liberation of man impelled by Jesus Christ.To achieve this purpose, we have a guideline for the selection of manuscripts that are submitted to us.
This editorial line is accessible to those who want it, so that they can appreciate their contents by themselves before submission. (When we cannot publish a book, we will endeavor to draw the author’s attention to the conflicting doctrine in his work).Tâ-Shalom Editions teaches sound doctrine and defends it. We believe that the Christ who accompanies this ministry will support you with his Holy Spirit. On top of that, we trust that your spiritual growth will soon be visible, and that your spiritual freedom will be stable by the truth.
The originality of our project
At this point, we try to summarize this entire first part of Tâ-Shalom Editions Editorial.
– Convinced that the healing of the human soul produces its freedom;- Convinced that the release of the prisoner restores his freedom;
– Convinced that the recovery of sight offers to man the ability to discern the right path;
– Convinced that the three points afore-mentioned (healing, deliverance, and discernment of the right path) are only acquired in the knowledge of the Word of God, Tâ-Shalom Editions will strive to publish books that deeply reflect the Holy Scriptures only.
It may seem odd that there are novels, short stories, comedies and comics that perfectly marry the Holy Scriptures; however, the reader should be reassured that these genres already exist. And many novels, short stories and comedies exist that praise the sound doctrine of Jesus Christ. At the end of such books, you feel strong and equipped to win battles. You can start with our free eBooks, you’ll see, they’ll do you good.We encourage authors to try new genres in with their Christian messages.
You can contact us for more information.